Woohoo! Social Situations!
Yes, it is definitely summer. How do I know? Well, it's 40 bazillion degrees outside with the humidity (would you like some air? Here, let me cut you a slice...), I'm doing that government working-stiff thing (money=good, inside=bad), and my favourite thing has happened: The Zoo Crew has come out of its constant-assignment-and-midterm-induced hibernation, and are so interested in being social that I can hardly keep up!! It's AWESOME guys :D. And special kudos goes to Andrew--Master Planner Extraordinaire (and yes, that is now your official title)!!!It's barely June and already I've seen two of the three museum exhibits I wanted to visit (the War Museum's main exhibit and the Pompeii exhibit at the Civ. Museum. The only one left is the Renaissance in Florence exhibit at the National Gallery. Anyone wanna go? It's only $10 for students!!). I love museums in the summer! As well as providing a much needed break from the humidity, it's an inexpensive and often really interesting way to spend your time! I mean, we went to the Pompeii exhibit on Thursday for $5, spent at least 1.5 hours in there, and I had 10 X more fun then I would have at the movies! Our tour was even in FRENCH and I was totally enthralled with what the guy was saying...it was like being on a 7th grade field trip but so much better because you were actually interested!
Well look at me. I'm all growed up.
Other reasons for knowing it's summer? The boys are coming out of the woodwork...
As it usually is with me and boys, there can never be just ONE prospect at a time...it's either a 6 month dry-spell or a 6-guy pile-up. There are three right now, all of which I have some interest in (superficial or otherwise). Here's the breakdown:
Brandon: co-student employee at Northern Secretariat. SO cute (The first time I saw him was when he came in for his interview. I almost ran into Sarah's office and gasped "Who in the name of ADONIS is THAT??"). He even has a pretty cool personality. The only things hold me back are:
a) we work together, like right BESIDE each other. If it didn't work out that would be...bad. I don't need another reason to leave this job;
b) he's...pretty. Not exactly a "pretty boy" but he is a little too well put together for my taste. Guys who spend THAT much energy on looking good tend not to have any to spend on anyone else (although I have a feeling it may have been that 2 week grace period after you start a new job where you feel you have to look really professional all the time. Last week he started to look a lot more normal);
c) He's been a summer-student in the office for the last three years, and apparently he has an "office fling" every summer. I'm not sure I'm interested in being this year's choice of meat, if you know what I mean. I'm in not mood for a playa.
Matt: Matt and I worked together at Tunney's Pasture. He's a bit older then I am (26/27 I think), but SOO funny, and pretty cute to boot! I went to the Pasture on Tuesday to pick up my office's tickets for the Health Canada BBQ that's happening on June 16, and we ran into each other as I was doing my rounds on the 21st floor. It was around lunch time, and Matt had to go down to the caf to record some sounds for a free-lance radio gig he's been doing for CBC for the last few months. Sympathizing with the fact that he'd be standing in the middle of a crowded room holding up a microphone and encouraging the leagues of surrounding strangers to go about their business (been there, SO done that), I offered to come with him. After he got what he needed we enjoyed a really good lunch until I had more then sufficiently used my "get out of the office free" card and had to head back downtown. Upon my return to my desk I had an email waiting for me from Mr. Matt saying that he'd had a really good time at lunch, and that he'd love to come downtown to do it again "when we have more time." I'm not sure if I've quite captured it here, but the email had a date-ish twinge to it. Either way, I'm interested. He's a great guy.
The ever present...Ren: Yea he's coming back at the end of this month. I've had a crush on this guy for going on three years now, but we're constantly doing this flirting/just friends dance, and just when I'm about to get fed up and throw my feelings out in front of him he does something crazy like, I dunno...moves to Holland for 6 months. Our emails back and forth have been somewhat limited over the past little while, but in each one he's mentioned he was either thinking about me lately, or misses me like crazy. But again, this is Ren, so I have no clue what that means. That boy frustrates me SO much sometimes...I love it ;).
So yea...that's pretty much the state of things at the moment. Friends=good, boys=complicated.
So what else is new?


0 comment(s):
Post a Comment<< Home