Friday, May 20, 2005

Star Wars has taken over the world

I think George Lucas is a Jedi. He just waves his hand and says "you want to go see my movies" and people...do.

And it's not just the crazy Star Wars nerds (I didn’t mean that offensively to anyone out there who is. I consider myself a "crazy LOTR nerd" so no worries). Like normal, ordinary people are going bonkers over this stuff.

Not that I usually include myself in any category titled "normal," but I think he’s got me too.

Last night I went over to Lina’s place and was actually looking forward to watching Episode II on DVD before hitting the 10:40 p.m. show of Episode III on its FIRST DAY OF RELEASE.

I realised halfway through the movie that I’d already seen Episode II, and it blew chunks, which is probably why I’d blocked most of the plot from memory. At that point the Jedi mind spell thing was broken and I elected to go home and sleep rather then stay up until 1:30 a.m. watching a movie I really don’t give two shits about (one...maybe).

And then I come into work today and what do I hear in a cubicle on the nether regions of the Northern Secretariat galaxy? Someone WHISTLING the Star Wars theme. And now what do I want to do? I want to go see the fricking movie!

I’m telling you. Jedis are real. But they’re not for keeping peace throughout the galaxy, they’re for keeping my money inside George Lucas’ pocket. He’s the Darth Vader of responsible saving.

I don’t want to go see this movie...but I probably will.

SAAAVE ME YODAAAA!!!

0 comment(s):

Post a Comment

<< Home