Sunday, December 05, 2004

Isn't it puuuurdy??

It really is amazing what some poeple will do to avoid studying for exams. My exams are little more than a week away and I have taken to watching TV, reading rather un-scholarly books, even cleaning my bathroom in what I daresay has been an amazing feat of procrastination. Today's activities have so far surrounded organizing my sock drawer into two categories: winter and summer, and then lining them up in alphabetical order by colour (which is not really as complicated as it seems seeing as most of my socks are either "white" or "black").

The slightly more astute among you may have notice one of my more time-consuming endeavours: the complete redesign of my blog. Thanks to Gabe's skillfull teachings on the inner working of html I was able to fiddle around enough to get something I have wound up being very happy with! THANKS GABE!!!

I know you're all going to miss the bright red background and little death dude flying up and down the screen, but it had to be done. It seems that adulthood has finally begun to slap me upside the head so I've decided that at the age of 21 it might be time to start letting it in (in small, very tiny doses...maybe).

Anyway, onto the breakdown of this past week's events:

Televeision boradcasting is over, and though it basically took over my entire life this semester, causing stress levels to sky-rocket and testing the limits of friendship, I'm sad to see it go. I had fun with Lee and Lina this semester, running all over the city with 5 ton camera equipment on our backs, shoving microphones in people's faces and asking the tough questions ("what are your thoughts on cake?"). Though it seems much less stressful and time consuming, I have a feeling radio will be very lonely next semester. I'll still see everyone I'm sure, but it's not the same without the inside jokes after bad interviews or being subjected to Wednesday night's 'edit-room crazies' ("uhh, Megan's cawing again, I think she needs attention.") . TV has also shifted my thoughts on where I want to go after fourth year. I always thought print was the route for me, but television is so much more creative and fun. It's going to be a tough decision for sure.

After our last broadcast on Thursday, Rebecca had a pot-luck at her place. It was supposed to be non-alcoholic, a sentiment which lasted about 2 hours. I had to leave early, so I only had one beer. I would have really liked to have partied all night, but I knew I was going to hate going to work the next day even without a hangover.

That's the other thing I've realized lately: I hate my job. I find it to be the most boring, monotonous, mind-numbingly unchallenging work I have ever done in my entire life, and I've worked at LOBLAWS! If they didn't pay me obsene amounts of money I'd have been gone by summer's end, but I just can't afford not to work there right now. There is a positive aspect to it though: it gives me inscentive to work hard at school so that NEVER will I EVER have to get a secretarial job in the government again.

Oh, and I lost my wallet this week. For those of you who have never experienced this, I can't even explain to you what it's like when you first realize you've lost your entire identity. It's like someone's reached into your chest and squeezed. Then you start to panic because you realize you can't do anything without your wallet. You no longer have any money, or the means to get it, you have thoughts of your credit card being maxed-out on ebay, not to mention other ramifications such as a lost health card and drivers license. I've lost my wallet once before in high school and I've been very paranoid about it ever since. I have no clue where it could be, but from the lack of activity on my VISA I know it was lost and not stolen. Hopefully it'll turn up at a lost and found, but I won't be getting my hopes up.

So yea, that was this week. Really good and really bad all at the same time.

1 comment(s):

  • Hey Megan!
    There is NOTHING wrong with procrastinating! For example, I am doing just that RIGHT now! I mean, sure... I SHOULD be reading the book I have to write a report on for Thursday... instead, I am sitting here, reading blogs, and secretly wishing a very painful death on those in charge of admissions at U of Ottawa's Teacher's College!
    Good luck on exams and what not Megan! and see you in a couple of weeks! Yeah Angel's Night!
    Vicks


    By Blogger missvicks, at 8:38 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home