El cottagio
Marty Havlat says: Woohoo!! It’s FRIDAY!!!
It’s been a good day! The Sens won again last night, and as I am now known as “That Senators Girl” around my office, people were stopping by all day to talk about the game. Not sure how I acquired the title, though I think it may have something to do with the towel, Wade Redden poster, and jersey I currently have hanging up in my office.
Could be…
I also brought in my Sens jersey beer-hug for my water bottle. Earlier this week I got bored and printed out a psychotic-looking picture of Zdeno Chara and stuck it on the bottle so that it actually looks like a person instead of a jersey with a water bottle-head. Then I got even MORE bored, and made him a little talk bubble, the contents of which change as often as I feel necessary. He’s become somewhat known around the office now, and people stop by every once and a while to see what Zdeno has to say. So far he’s said:
“I am Zdeno Chara and I will crush you.”
“I am Zdeno Chara and my stick is bigger than yours.” (that’s been an office favourite)
And
“I am Zdeno Chara and I eat lightening for breakfast.”
I’ll be leaving that one on there for the weekend in hopes that it’s true and we can close out the first round against Tampa Bay tomorrow night. We’re up 3-1 in the series, and I can’t wait to move on and crush Carolina or Montreal.
The other reason this is an oh-so-fabulous Friday is because I’m off next week! Seeing as I just graduated, and I’ll be a working stiff basically from now until Christmas, I figured I’d take a week and head up to a cottage to party with my fellow j-schoolers before they head off to start their own careers and adventures. I’m looking forward to it, though the lead up has been nothing short of hellish. I came out of it learning two things: 1) even people who don’t really know you can have no problem taking complete advantage of you without any appreciation what-so-ever, and 2) that if I ever organize a week at a cottage with a bunch of people, they're finding their own goddamn ways up. But anyway, this fiasco has taken up far too much of my week already, so we’ll leave it at that.
Well that’s pretty much it. So, in conclusion: GO SENS GO!!!!!! And if you’re looking for me next week, I’m in Calabogie, and most likely pissed out of my skull.
See you in a week.


0 comment(s):
Post a Comment<< Home