It's all about starting early...
Well this is it: my last winter exam EVER (yes, I've taken to celebrating these meaningless milestones of my last year to somehow convince myself that it's almost over). I only have one, and fortunately it's for a class that I quite enjoy: Canadian-External Relations. Sounds dry as toast on paper, but when you have a 55 year old over-enthusiastic historian trying to convince 100 under-ethusiastic university students that Canada's two greatest prime miniters were William Lyon Mackenzie King and Brian Mulroney, it tends to hold your attention.My exam isn't for another week, but the fact that my gaze has already started to float over to the large stack of notes sitting on the corner of my desk every time I sit down at the computer means that it's probably time to get a move on.
I mean it's my last year, I should probably start taking this a little more seriously, right? In the past my record of getting an early start on studying for exams has been atrocious. A week, sometimes even TWO in advance! What the hell is that? If I'm going to take this one last shot at being a real university student, I might as well do it right. It's time to take some drastic measures. If I'm going to procrastinate, I've got to start early.
Here's what I've got so far:
1) Write this post, and follow up as often as possible with similar pointlessness. (Check!)
2) Decide that it is imperative that I immidiately reread Harry Potter books four through six one right after the other so that I'll actually have some clue as to what's going on in the last one.
3) I have six winter scarves. Hmm...it's porbably time to start knitting again.
4) Christmas is little more than two weeks away, and I've already done about 90 per cent of my shopping, and wrapping. But my FRIENDS haven't. They need moral support, I should go with them.
5) I recently downloaded a television series in which Ewan McGreggor and his best friend Charlie travel around the world on motorcycles. This must be viewed. Now.
I know you're all enthralled, so I'll update this list as often as possible. In fact, lets make that #6.
Well, gotta go. SOMEONE around here has got to make sure all the canned goods in the pantry are organized alphabetically, by food group (which actually shouldn't take too long considering they're all tomato soup.)
Toodles!


0 comment(s):
Post a Comment<< Home