Say it with me: "One More Year!!"
Holy cow am I sick of school.No, I mean I'm really sick of school.
And it's not so much the whole "going to class" thing, I've actually never really had a problem with that. Yea, I've missed the odd lecture or two in my day, but 90 per cent of the time it's been journalism-related in one form or another.
And maybe that's it. It's not that I'm so much sick of school, it's that I'm sick of the non-journalism school. I understand that in first year they want you to diversify, especially since you've only got a 50/50 chance of staying in the program anyway. I can even inderstand taking some electives in second and third year to distract you somewhat from j-school boot camp. But FOURTH YEAR? Seriously, are you KIDDING ME?
I want to be a journalist. I wouldn't have gone this far if I didn't. So can we PLEASE, for the love of all that is good in this world, just cut the bull shit and just let me get my degree?
I'm sick of it. But you know what I'm sick of the MOST? Grades. I HATE grades. I hate that my entire world can be lifted sky-high or catapulted sub-terrainian based on where I land amongst the first four letters of the aphabet. And again, it's not that I fare badly in the grades department. They're nothing to write home about, but nothing to be ashamed of either. I just hate that some pompous TA whome I've never even met has the power to send my day to the shitter with no more than a stroke or a loop. Friggin jack-ass.
WOW, that feels better.


0 comment(s):
Post a Comment<< Home